Simply put, email marketing is a form of direct marketing which utilises electronic means to deliver commercial messages to an audience. At its core, it is focused on developing and maintaining long-term relationships with customers and used effectively, it has been shown to deliver one of the highest ROI (returns on investment) of any e-marketing activity.
To give you an example of its potential; according to research conducted by the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing generated an ROI of $43.62 for every dollar spent on it in 2009. As such, it outperforms all other direct marketing channels examined. With nearly every U.S. business and a professed 95% of people and households using email on a regular basis, it’s easy to see why email marketing campaigns are fast becoming the most popular form of company and product promotion.
So why has it become one of the most powerful online marketing strategies you can use?
- It is extremely cost effective – Mail Blaze pricing starts at $15 per month for 2 500 emails (your first 1 000 are free)
- It’s easy. Mail Blaze provides a selection of pre-built email templates, step-by-step guidelines, video tutorials and online support to ensure that your campaign creates a high-impact and a professional finish. You don’t have to be a technical genius to put an effective campaign together, the hard work is done for you
- It allows personalisation – on a mass scale – and therefore creates awareness and familiarity with your target audience
- It drives direct sales and also supports sales through other channels. Integrating with these channels, both online and offline, reinforces your brands message and increases responses
- It builds relationships, loyalty and trust with both existing and potential customers, maximising their value which in turn leads to greater profitability
- It is completely measurable, allowing you to track, analyse and optimise your campaign in a number of ways
- It is customisable and its services and solutions support database integration; segmentation and various other techniques for improving the targeting of outgoing messages
- Each email campaign that you send out generates further data that you can then you use to improve on your messages and line of approach
- It generates an immediate call to action such as sales, special offers, downloads, subscriptions etc.